In the spirit of June Cleaver, who prepared meals day after day for her family without complaint (or at least it wasn’t in the script):
Hot days call for easy cooking. Love. Love. Love me a meal prepared in my slow cooker. Throw it all in the morning and enjoy in the evening without a fuss. This is one of my favorites and it is a true crowd pleaser. Just made it on Sunday for a family barbeque.
2-2.5 lbs pork tenderloin
1 medium sized onion (sweet onions are particularly good!)
Tom Douglas’s Rub with Love, Pork Rub
1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbeque, Original
- Dice onion and put in bottom of slow cooker
- Cut pork loin into 4-5 inch sections
- Use rub to coat both sides of pork sections.
- Place each pork section into slow cooker. Arrange so that none of the pieces overlap.
- Pour Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce on top.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Turn down to low and cook for another 6-7 hours.
- Remove pork and shred with two forks. It should just fall apart
- Place pulled pork back in slow cooker and mix with onion and sauce
- Allow to cook on low for 30 minutes or until you are ready to serve
Serve on buns or rolls of your choosing. Oh, it is so, so good!
Now, get outside and play!